This is about a lifestyle changes not diets- Take small steps
Changing your diet or the way you eat can be difficult depending on the way we have formed our habits. But that's just it...they are habits.
- First Step- Start Reading your labels in the store. If it has a list of ingredients that you don't recognize, it probably has too many additives, put it back on the shelf.
- Start to chose items on the shelf that have shorter ingredient labels, lower sugar & salt. Look for higher fiber content. Just because it's good for you doesn't mean it has to taste bad. Try different things.
- Soda/Cokes/Pepsi/etc is a biggie- Start substituting Water, some water alternatives are the Zero Calorie SoBe's (be careful as there are different kinds-read your label), or Zero Vitamin Water. Do the best you can to wean yourself off the carbonated sugar filled drinks. You should drink as much water as 1/2 your body weight in ounces to keep yourself hydrated. This also helps you flush toxins out.
- Eat as many fresh fruits, vegetables, and berries that you can get your hands on (frozen is the next best). Believe it or not, eventually your body will start craving them. My son is living proof of that.
- Speaking of our children-Who is the parent? Who pays the bills? You do...your children will not starve, eventually they will be hungry enough to eat and will try things. Make it fun. Have fruit's and veggie snacks instead of cookies, etc. Watch out for those products pretending to be fruit and veggies...READ THE LABEL!!!!!!
- A treat is just that a treat...not a daily ritual. Limit yourself to rarely partake in sugary treats. Wait for those special occasions, but don't overindulge. A taste or two (not the whole cake).
- Relax - Take it one step at a time, small changes over time. Do not freak your family out by throwing everything out of the pantry. Find time to take a short walk. Do leg squats/lifts while your watching TV. Have a small hand weight sitting by the couch and work your arms, or even use your own body weight and just lift your arms over your head and back down again for several reps. If you forget something inside when your leaving and have to run back up the stairs, do it one more time to add some activity. These things don't take a lot of time, just some thought. And so does the choice of what you put in your mouth. Don't eat in front of the TV, make a rule to eat at the table only.
Don't buy into food marketing!
Want Better Skin?
Life is not over!
We Suggest adding